Sunday, January 12, 2014

Additional Glorious White Stuff

Know what has made my January very happy so far?

Shocker, I know.  This first shot is looking down my driveway.  My subdivision isn't the first to be plowed when it snows, and that's just the way I like it.  I know plowing the roads is more practical if you want to, say, drive on them.  But somehow it's not quite as magical when you have a strip of gray marring the blanket of white, and when you lose that muffling effect of the snow.  Ahhh... makes me happy just looking at these :)
Front yard.  Still snowing at this point - can you tell?
Parking area by the garage.  Good luck with that!
 Back yard.  Might be hard to get in the shed.  Hmm, wonder what's in there.  Oh right, the lawn mower.  In that case, I think I'm okay.

"Still snowing... Saturday afternoon.... this is a perfect day for a walk."  I said to myself.  Handily enough, there were no arguments.  So off I went.
Looks like we've had at least a little snow.  Wonder if these neighbors are as happy about it as I am?
View of the lake through the neighbor's gate.
Arrival at the park.  Doesn't look like too many other people have chosen to enjoy this fine weather here.
 Boat ride anyone?
 I was trying to show how deep it was.  Turned out to be a little difficult to reach that far down while still holding the camera far enough away to get the pic.  Not a bad problem to have, eh?
 The lake.
Quite the profitable day!


2 comments: