Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's a virtue

I've always known I'm not a patient person when I'm driving.  Who is?  It seems to bring out the worst in everyone, I think.  Normally, I would not consider myself an overly aggressive person either.  For example, basketball in PE in high school?  Hated it.  "Really?  You want the ball that badly?  You can just have it.  Now will you back out of my personal space?  Great, thanks.  Oh, you have the ball now?  Help yourself - when you're done, just give it to me.  I'll be waiting."  That was my idea of basketball.  Needless to say, I was not a star.  But back to the main point... somehow, you get behind the wheel of a car, and all of the other cars between you (currently located at Point A) and Point B are just obstacles.  Let's just get there as fast as possible, and if everyone could get out of my way, that would be great.  See?  Not patient.

So, other than that whole issue... not so horribly impatient, I thought.  Until I had a conversation with my coworker this past week in which I got yet another lecture on reading ahead in my books.  Well, maybe not so much a lecture as a "I still can't believe you do that.  How does it not ruin the whole book?  Why do you even finish it if you already know what's going to happen?  Blah blah blah...." 

"Hey, I'm doing better!"  I protested.  "I don't do that all the time anymore.  I don't think, anyway."  So I thought about it for a while.  The book I just finished... yup, read the end of that one before I got there.  Probably by chapter 4, I was peeking ahead.  The book before that... yup.  Book before that... hmmm, yeah, that one too.  Book before that... wait, I'm seeing a pattern here.  I even looked ahead on Anne of Green Gables, and I've read that multiple times before - I know how it ends!!!  Maybe I'm not as patient as I thought.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I ever thought that at all.  Oops.

Side note here: Kamela blogs about things she does.  Since I'm not actually doing anything interesting, I just have to blog about my random thoughts.  Which are probably not interesting either, especially since the only people reading this... (Dad?  Mom?  Kamela?  Grandma and Grandpa?  I think that's about it.) already know these things about me.  I'm afraid it's not exactly a secret.  Anyway, because of these issues (lack of blogging material), I haven't yet decided what my blog is going to be when it grows up.  I don't know yet, and I can't exactly look ahead on this one.  How aggravating.  Guess that's where the patience thing is going to come in.  I'm working on it...
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You really cwack me up. Yes, I already do know those things about you, but it's fun to read your ramblings about it. Don't worry; we'll keep you honest about yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... thanks? That worries me a little ;)

    ReplyDelete