Thursday, October 31, 2013

FREEEEEdom!!!

There's nothing quite like the feeling of post-actuarial-exam freedom after leaving the testing center.  My boss told me the other day that she kind of missed it, but then quickly added that it wasn't enough to make her want to start studying again.  Bummer; I was about to offer to trade her places.

But anyway, in the last few weeks, I've been reminded of how incredibly awesome my friends and family are, in a number of ways.

  • There's the hours and hours and hours that Kammy spent on the phone with me, asking me such things as "Can you tell me the retrospective refund formula?" and "What are the Medicaid optional services that are most commonly covered?"  (I mention this one, because I'm pretty sure it was her favorite of my mnemonic devices... OO DA MINT CHIPPPS!!  The only time in my life I've ever had to ask anyone"How many Ps in CHIPPPS, again?")  And I'm pretty sure she was not asking me these things because she was curious.
  • There's also the card that came in the mail a few days before my exam, informing me that the two of us together are a powerful combination and a real force to be reckoned with.  I'm pretty sure that means I'm supposed to pass.
  • There's the two phone calls I got from my Mama bear - one on the day that was supposed to be the Tuesday night before my exam but actually just turned out to be a Monday night after a realllly long day on her end of things, and one on the actual Tuesday night before my exam.
  • The phone call from Kyle, and the text from Kalynn.
  • The numerous posts of encouragement on my facebook wall from all kinds of friends.  Of course, this might have been prompted by my oh-my-goodness-I'm-never-going-to-remember-all-of-this-and-I-just-spent-the-last-three-months-studying-for-nothing-because-I'm-going-to-fail freak out moment that I had the day before my exam, which I then made public, pretty much forcing people to say nice things to me.  But hey, don't judge - it helped me feel better, so it's okay.
  • There was the good-luck text from my friend, Ellie.  Awwww.... how can you not find this face to be uplifting, no matter how badly you're freaking out??
 

Well, it's done with for now (phew!), so it's time to do a few of those things that have been suffering the last little while around the house.  Here's proof that not much has been happening in the way of normal household activities: 



Of course, that's not as abnormal as you might think, but I'm usually not that bad.  And all is not lost, I see some milk in the door, and of course there's cereal in the cupboard, so I'm actually a happy camper.  Still, I think I might add 'going to the grocery store' back into my normal routine... just not too often.  I also had a picture of the MOUNTAIN of dirty dishes as further proof of my lack of a normal life, but decided that one is just too bad to post.  You'll have to trust me on that!




I hope to be burning these in a couple of months - after receiving a passing score, of course.  But in the meantime, while waiting for results, you can be guaranteed I'm going to be rather enjoying myself.  I might even run into some of you, now that I'm not being a hermit anymore.

Freedom is sweet indeed.




2 comments:

  1. Hey... even when one doesn't have time for FULL grocery shopping, one must still have priorities. Milk, as it turns out, is one of those. Yum.

    ReplyDelete