Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall, Friends, Fun

Last weekend, I actually had a weekend of fun, but I've been too busy paying for it since then (in the form of extra studying) to tell y'all about it... and I know that has been a huge disappointment.  So I'll fix that really quickly now.

The weekend was a whirlwind, but here's a sampling of what happened:

1. Mom and Dad came up - always a hit
2. Kyle and Kalynn finally came to visit.  First time they've seen my house (in person - a Skype tour isn't quite the same)
3. Since no visit in which Dad is present is complete without some sort of handiwork, Dad and Kyle raised my mailbox so the poor mail lady wouldn't have to work so hard by bending over and such.  Maybe not a highlight for anyone except the mail lady.
4. Visits from a number of good friends - Bex, Mex, Jax, Kim.
5. PIANO GUYS CONCERT!!!  Sooo amazing.  If you have the chance to go, do so!  Awesome musical talent, coupled with lots of laughs.  Perfect combo, no?
6. Fabulous fall cookout.  Camp chairs, hot dogs/brats, marshmallows, fire, friends.... ahhhh.
7. Sunday meeting, lunch with all of the above + a family of Foxes, and gospel meeting.  Then good-bye.

'Twas fun.  Until next time!




Jax and Bex.  Normal smiles from both.

During the actual performance, I was too busy watching to take photos.  But here's proof that I was there...
The cooking part of the cook-out commences.  Mom, Kalynn, and Bex are okay hanging out near the fire to cook their meat.

Kyle, unsurprisingly, is not.  No worries, he has a plan to make it all work.  One would think he's related to my Grandpa L, or to Dad...

Voila.  Aren't we classy?

Sizzle sizzle

That's my Ky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment