Monday, October 14, 2013

Add another one to the list

A while back, a coworker was horrified to learn that I love both snow storms and thunderstorms.  "Do you like ALL bad weather?"  she asked.  I assured her that I do have some limits.  For example, I've never thought an earthquake sounded like a barrel of laughs.  But on my way to work the other morning, I couldn't resist snapping this photo on my phone before I backed out of my driveway.  You have to admit, fog gives everything this great, mystical aura.  So maybe I don't love all bad weather, but I guess I have to add at least one more to the list.


3 comments:

  1. Hmm. Interesting that snow and thunderstorms are perceived "bad". I suppose in either of those one appreciates shelter more than ever and that's good isn't it? Also, lightening causes nitrogen compounds to fall to the earth providing about 10% of fertilizer needed on crops, gardens, etc. Snow? The benefits are numerous... and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Dad, you crack me up. Did you do a little research on the nitrogen compounds? But I agree. They're both fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! And fog produces a rather muted beauty. Which just sounds poetic.

    ReplyDelete