Thursday, December 19, 2013

Yielding to Temptations!!!

"Kammy,"  I said, "would you like to take a ladylike walk around the farm?  But remember, we should probably just walk and look.  Let's not disturb anything."  My first grade teacher taught me well.  But that Kammy is persuasive....

Starting out innocently enough


Temptation #1


 Oops, we failed. 


Turns out these are farther apart than they look from the ground...



I got better by the end.  Or they got closer together, one of the two.


Victory.  That was actually a lot of work.... lots of hay bales there!
Kammy's turn

How graceful!


Well, mostly.

When we got back to the house, someone said they'd seen some monkeys on the hay bales.  I never saw any. I'll have to check with Kam.  But they were probably there while we were exploring other parts of the farm.  Speaking of which....





Temptation #2:

"Hey," says Kammy.  "Wouldn't it be fun to break the ice on the lake?  Let's throw some rocks."  
"Sold." said Karmen. 
Kammy takes the first crack at it.



My turn.


Clearly, those rocks were too small.  We've got to do something big.


Wow


Success!!!





Guess where we'd just been....


Kammy and Pierre

2 comments:

  1. Did your first grade teacher also work in a lesson about fiction vs. nonfiction?
    For example:
    Fiction - Karmen asks Kamela to take a ladylike walk around the farm in which they will not disturb anything.
    Nonfiction - No monkeys were sighted by K & K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - just now saw this, but it made me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete