Saturday, December 21, 2013

What's on YOUR list???

I had been planning to go see Kam the weekend after Thanksgiving for a couple of months, and was looking forward to it greatly.  However, the weather forecast for that weekend was looking a tad bit ominous.  Snow can turn a 5.5 hour trip into a lot longer one, and it was looking a little iffy.  But hey... I'm still supposed to be young and foolish, right?  Check!  So I hit the road. 
After an interesting and somewhat long drive, I eventually arrived unscathed at the home where we'd be spending Friday night.  Our hosts were fabulously hospitable and kind.  However, that is not to say that things went just as I had expected.  This is how the evening started off.  

As soon as I got there and the "hello, nice to meet you"s were over, I hauled my stuff upstairs and came back down to be sociable.  The first thing I was greeted with: "So, Karmen, what's on your list for a man??"  Umm, well.  That is not where I was expecting to hear right off the bat.  Pause.  "You must have a list."  Okay, did I miss something?  I did just run out to the car to grab something I forgot - maybe I missed a key part of this conversation.  Or maybe it's a quiz?  Has Kamela put them up to something?  I don't know what to say.  Well, if I'm not going to jump in with an idea, one will be suggested.  "First is that he's got to love God, right?"  Well, yes, of course.  That one's a given.  "And he's got to love his mother, right?  Those men always make good husbands."  Hadn't given that a lot of thought, but I suppose that's probably true, yes.  Are we sure I didn't miss something?  Anyway, she made another suggestion or two (I think traveling was mentioned - now that's a good point!) and eventually we moved on to the next topic.  Welcome to Indiana!!

Please understand that this is not to make fun - I actually rather appreciate it when people just say what's on their minds (with some tact, of course) rather than making you guess, thus eliminating the work of guessing and the possibility of guessing incorrectly.  I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and our fun, entertaining hosts - and next time, I'll know to be prepared for any and all questions!!

1 comment:

  1. Foolish - I'll agree.
    Young - I'm not sure. (See previous post)

    Also, good luck on being prepared for any and all questions!

    ReplyDelete