Friday, December 20, 2013

Surprise!

Time: Saturday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend
Place: Mom and Dad's house
Time at which we got up that morning: way too early
Plans: nap, of course!
Place for said plans: personally, I thought my bed would be the perfect place.  Sounds reasonable, no?

Kammy disagreed.  "We have to nap in the basement!"  says Kam.  The BASEMENT?  Why???  The basement is quite nice and all, but it just doesn't have the appeal of, say, my bed - at least, when napping is the planned activity.  I try to explain this.  Not to be rude, but why does it matter where I nap?  You can nap in the  basement if you want, and I can go upstairs, and we can all be happy - right?  Apparently not.  We all need to be together, apparently.  I don't know what she plans to do during her nap, but I plan to be sleeping.  I still don't quite get how this matters, or how I'm going to be as comfortable in the basement as I would be in my bed, but being an all-around agreeable-type sister, I eventually acquiesce.

Surprise!  Happy Birthday Part 2!  (Part 1 being my streamer-cube-fort from my coworkers a week prior)

 


Ok, NOW I get it.  And also, now we can go upstairs to take our naps :)

Later in the evening, there is a celebration.  Grandma and Grandpa R and Aunt Rhonda join us for some presents, cake, games, etc.

Kamela decided to buy me 30 small birthday gifts.  So did Mom and Dad.  So did Kyle and Kalynn.  I'm glad that was the story, and not that someone thought I was turning 90....

Behold the creative gift wrapping.

 The unwrapping begins
Apparently it wasn't supposed to begin quite yet.  (I don't remember why; keep in mind that I'm getting old.)  But anyway, apparently this was my method of solving that problem - I promise I won't look!
 Kam was supposed to direct me to the package with these lovely glasses in them first and make me wear them the whole time.  Luckily, that plan was forgotten and I didn't get to them until closer to the end.  Phew!
 Skipping a few steps... here are my 90 things!  Wow!
The partiers

Dismantling to get ready for meeting the next morning.  Careful, ladies!

With the other birthday girl :)
 Quick pic with my Aunt Rhonda... turned out to be not so quick.  Finally got one after many attempts.  She's a mess!! :)

 Thanks to all! 
 

2 comments:

  1. You thought I was being bossy for NO REASON????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the info I had, seemed that way to me.... :)

      Delete