Thursday, November 7, 2013

Traveling evangelist

I've spent the past couple of years at work trying to convince a couple of (almost hopeless, but not quite) coworkers that traveling is good, even though:

A) It generally costs money
B) It definitely involves leaving your house
C) Photographs of many parts of the world are readily available via your local internet connection

Earlier this year, we had a new person rotate into our division, and this past week I was distressed to learn that he too needed some convincing on this topic.  No problem; I'm up for the task.  I started in right away.  Pretty soon, I noticed that said coworker was laughing at me.

"You're so funny.  You're like a little evangelist for traveling!"

I may have gone a wee bit overboard.  But I'm not done yet; someday I'll convince them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment