Friday, November 22, 2013

SURPRISE!

Yesterday, I was quite shocked to walk into work and find a balloon-and-streamer fortress enclosing my cube that would make any small child jealous... as well as several of my coworkers!  I have to say, it was very impressive and VERY cool.


I thought the empty-office-right-before-Thanksgiving thing might get me off the hook (since I might've initiated the vandalizing decorating of my boss's office on her 40th birthday earlier this year), but it just meant we celebrated early.  Here was my first clue that something was up: the entrance to the bay of cubes where I "live".


Confession: the might have been more than one game of balloon volleyball that ensued.


Trust me, there was plenty of ammo.  I cannot even tell you where all of those balloons ended up.


We got enough of them cleared out so that I could at least get in.  Peek-a-boo!
 

Here's the view from inside my awesome work-cave:


I have a visitor.  I believe he was the main cave architect.  
(Hey, it's Brian... father of the famous Ellie!!)



Speaking of famous... I got the recycled birthday sign!  For the longest time after Jack's birthday, it was hanging in his cube.  Rather than taking it down, someone just added "not" to the "It is your birthday" sign.  I got an "almost" added for my occasion.  Not only are actuaries party animals, but we're environmentally-friendly party animals.


Brian snapped his picture from his desk in the middle of the afternoon... you'd never know I'm sitting in my cave, happily working, would you?  I'm not sure if this is before or after a group of coworkers decided to pile all of the balloons that had been inside my cave on the roof to see if they could cause a cave-in on my head.


Hey, that was pretty fun... maybe this birthday-ending-in-a-0 deal isn't so bad!  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment