Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Downside of Snow

Snow does have one downside: traffic.

Traffic is not my friend anyway.  I am not the proud owner of boatloads of patience.  (Oops.)  But snow traffic.... sometimes it is just awful.

One February commute this year looked like this.

"Hey Karmen!" you might say.  "You shouldn't be taking pictures while you're driving!"  Oh, don't worry.  I wasn't driving.  I screenshotted the map on my phone for proof.  1 mile = 25 minutes.  This is when I decided to turn around and work from home.  "What took you so long to decide that?" would probably be your next question.  I decided that long before, but that's how long it takes to get up to a spot where you can turn around.  Snow = good.  People everywhere = less so.

After turning around... nothing going on in my lane anymore!  Poor people over on the other side...

And almost home.  A fairyland, no??  Ahh.  As long as the cars are gone, I love snow again.

1 comment: